Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have oil-fired hot water base board heating. Could I use an electric-fired boiler instead?

you have answered your own question Yes


the power of heating is not relevant to how the water is heated but the source of it,


oil or electricity ?


one is surely less expensive to run then the other. make your choice.I have oil-fired hot water base board heating. Could I use an electric-fired boiler instead?
You could, the only thing is that I would check out the advantages of electric over oil. Such as price for oil over electric in your area. Both could be a problem such as running out of oil or an electric outage. I much prefer a gas boiler for price and less chance of failure to deliver heat when you need it.I have oil-fired hot water base board heating. Could I use an electric-fired boiler instead?
You can change to any fuel source to heat the water. check it from aspects. Call as many plumbers, heating contractors, and Mechanical Contractors that will come out and give you estimates for free.


Also, if I may suggest,look into solar heating, as it'll save fossil fuels,and you'll get a hefty tax break if you install it.
There shouldn't be a problem however I think you'll find it isn't cost effective. Using electric for heat or heating water has never been economical.

No comments:

Post a Comment