Thursday, January 7, 2010

I just poured oil onto a light bulb... is there danger of fire or sparks?

So i was trying to fragrance my room and put some scented oil on my chandelier, but then I'm like uhhhh this might be bad since oil + heat = fire, right? Let me know if you have any experience on this...I just poured oil onto a light bulb... is there danger of fire or sparks?
Yes the oil could create a hot spot/s on the bulb and cause it to fracture or explodeI just poured oil onto a light bulb... is there danger of fire or sparks?
don't do that again. clean cold bulbs with vinegar. that'll fix it.
yeah that is not a good idea I would take the lightbulb out and throw it away.oils are hard to get off.
This is what potpourri burners are for. There are also light rings that sit on top of light bulbs. You put oil on the ring and then the ring on the light bulb.





Oils are flammable. Throw the light bulb away and try one of items I mentioned above.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment